Beth's Birthday and New Baby Niece

December 13th marked my 38th birthday! I awoke to two new gray hairs, a scale reading that is far heavier than I'd like it to be and an impending end to my masters program (huge assignments left to finish) hanging over my head. There's just a little stress going on in my life... Add to that, Jamie Postma (my God Sister) who has been battling cancer, is in a very fragile state and needs all the prayers and support we can muster! Oh yeah, and did you know it's the holiday season??? Anyway, I am so very thankful to Jonathan, Nicholas, Charlotte, Emma, Jake and Hannah (the Walton kids, who come over every Tuesday while their mom--our friend Rhonda--goes to school). They worked hard to make it a fun evening, along with my parents, and for a few short hours, I relaxed.On another note...You may recall that I was an exchange student in Germany in 1986-87 and lived with an amazing family (the Schipperts). Today, I was excited to receive pictures from my host sister Cordula of her new little baby (my other new little niece) Antonia Elisa, born October 31, 2005. In the photograph you'll see Antonia, Cordula, Mama and Broetchen Omi--four generations!
No comments:
Post a Comment